Morningstar TriStar MPPT Charge Controller, 60A, 150VDC, 12/48VDC, with RTS & Ethernet, TS-MPPT-60
Morningstar's TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point
tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the
industry's highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly
finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the
first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of
Maximizes Energy Harvest
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
• Recognition of multiple power points during shading
or mixed PV arrays
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer
life for electronic components
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally
coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C
without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to
minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar's
MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices
on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local
network or internet; view from a web browser or
send email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
• Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides
detailed operating data, alarms and faults
• Three LED's display system status
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or
Morningstar TriStar MPPT Data Sheet:
We have earned their trust due to our competitive pricing and excellent service. Contact us today to see how we can help you!
All quotes are under no obligation, and we respect your privacy.
Subscribe for green energy tipsand subscriber-only discounts.