Morningstar TriStar MPPT Charge Controller, 60A, 150VDC, 12/48VDC, with RTS & Ethernet, TS-MPPT-60
Morningstar's TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point
tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the
industry's highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly
finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the
first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of
Maximizes Energy Harvest
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
• Recognition of multiple power points during shading
or mixed PV arrays
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer
life for electronic components
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally
coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C
without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to
minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar's
MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices
on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local
network or internet; view from a web browser or
send email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
• Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides
detailed operating data, alarms and faults
• Three LED's display system status
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or
Morningstar TriStar MPPT Data Sheet:
We have earned their trust due to our competitive pricing and excellent service. Contact us today to see how we can help you!
Subscribe for green energy tipsand subscriber-only discounts.