The new S-5-PV Kit is one of the first
solar module mounting solutions in the industry to be listed to the new
UL subject 2703, a standard that covers both bonding and mounting. In
order to meet the UL requirements, the S-5-PV Kit had to be submitted
for tests, being evaluated under the severest of conditions to confirm
that the product will withstand the elements while maintaining
Furthermore, the S-5-PV Kit has gained an ETL Listing to UL 1703. UL
and ETL listings are widely recognized by most Authorities Having
Jurisdiction, which means fewer inspection hassles for installers.
Previously, electrical continuity between modules (called “bonding”
within the industry) required the mounting of an electrical lug to each
PV module, and interconnection of the lugs with a copper wire.
However, the S-5-PV Kit's groundbreaking NEW stainless steel mounting
disk has twelve nodes designed to ensure the module-to-module
conductivity of anodized aluminum module frames.
With the new S-5-PV Kit, the module is simply anchored with the kit,
and is automatically bonded. No lugs or wire required except to
connect one string of modules to another and to ground the system. This
connection detail represents installed electrical cost savings of
$6-$12 per unit.
In most cases, the savings in time and materials is sufficient to
pay for the entire S-5-PV Kit and clamp setup! The S-5-PV Kit continues
to be the easiest, most cost-effective way to install solar panels
directly to standing seam metal roofs, remaining the most popular
- Fit the majority of solar panels on the market!
- Fit the majority of metal roofs on the market - including exposed fastened and corrugated!
- Install quickly and easily!
- Universally fit both field (2 panels) and end conditions!
- Cool roofs by providing shade during intense summer heat, lessening utilities costs.
- Can be used with all S-5! mini clamps; use the stainless steel mounting disk to facilitate use with brass clamps.
- Cost as little as $0.07 a watt (stainless steel mounting disk) or even $0.06 a watt (aluminum mounting disk) to install!
S-5-PV Kits Feature:
- New longer PV studs to accommodate PV frame thicknesses from 1.3" (33 mm) to 2.51" (64 mm)
- Embossed mounting disk placement guides designed to provide quick and precise alignment
- Four new strategically placed mounting disk hooks to assist in wire management
- New broader ears on the PV grab allow for even easier installation and precise module engagement
- Universally directional mounting disks for simplicity of installation
- Absolutely NO rails required
- Incredible holding strength that only S-5!® can offer
For mounting solar systems to your corrugated metal roof, S-5-PV Kits work perfectly with our CorruBracket!
For mounting solar systems to your exposed-fastened metal roof, a flat mounting disk is available allowing S-5-PV Kits to work perfectly with our VersaBracket!
Penetration-free attachment, lower installation costs, and cooler
roofs, combined with rising energy costs and increased environmental
concerns all spell a bright, sunny future for PV and standing seam metal
roofs. S-5! makes it easy.
Due to the variety of attachment needs, S-5-PV Kits are sold
separately from S-5! mini clamps. The S-5-PV Kit fits only S-5! mini
clamps, NOT standard clamps.