Is this solar panel kit right for me?
This 3kW microinverter based kit is great for those with small electric bills or who want to shave off a big chunk of their usage. The systems take less than 184 square feet of roof space so even a small roof should accommodate the solar modules.
The 225-500kWh generated by these systems is a good amount of energy, enough to offset most of your lighting or even you air conditioning use. The average American uses 920kWh per month. Based on that average this system could provide 24-54% of your usage. If you're a below average consumer, a 3,280-watt system could greatly reduce your electric bill.
How easy is it to install?
- You can install a 3kW solar system in one weekend.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working on their roof can install our Solar kit.
- The micro-inverters in our kits have significantly improved the safety of installing a solar panel system by generating standard AC power instead of dangerous DC power.
- Micro-inverters allow you to have as few or as many panels as you like and to easily expand your system later. They simplify installation as well as allowing monitoring of each module independently. Since each panel is an individual system they maximize the power output from each panel resulting in an average 15% increase in power generation per panel.
- If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
What is the installation process?
A typical solar roof mounted system for a home can be installed within 2 days once a permit is obtained from your city or county. After that, it’s just 5 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
- Take your plan set to your city or county and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or county approves your plans and issues your permit you may begin installing your solar system.
- First, the racking and mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to locate the rafters on your home and secure the racking system directly to them.
- Once the racking and mounting system is on your roof, the solar panels and inverters can be quickly installed. The inverter(s) are then tied into the grid through a dedicated breaker in your main service panel.
- When the installation is complete, your city or county inspector must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
- Lastly, you must send the final job card, interconnection paperwork, and your net metering agreement to your utility. They will then grant you Permission to Operate. It can take up to 4 weeks after passing inspection for your utility to provide you Permission to Operate. With our interconnection service we will process all the paperwork for you.
Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
How much should I pay a contractor to install the solar kit?
Any licensed general, electrical or solar contractor can install our solar kits. If you select to hire a contractor to install your solar kit, you should expect to pay approximately $1.00 per watt for labor, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers and other miscellaneous electrical components to complete the solar system installation. For this 3 kW / 3,280-watt system, you can expect to pay $3,280 for installation. If needed, we can assist you with finding a contractor.
Can you install the solar kit on my home for me?
Yes! As a licensed C-10 electrical contractor based in Orange County, we also provide complete solar installation for residential homes in California at highly competitive pricing. Sit back and enjoy a complete turn-key solar installation at lower rates than the competition.
Why Choose Grid-Tie Microinverters?
Safer: The system does not employ dangerous, unprotected high DC voltages, eliminating the risk of potential fires as outlined above. The system’s cabling through the roof to your switchboard is regular 240V AC, the same as all other household cabling, and is circuit protected via a circuit breaker in your switchboard.
Shade tolerant and fault redundancy: Each solar panel operates independently, as it has its own dedicated micro inverter. The result is that the system does not suffer from the ‘Christmas light effect’ explained above; one shaded or soiled panel will result in a loss of power from that panel only, and will not drag down the performance of the others. The same goes for any fault; in a conventional DC solar system, a complete failure of a solar panel or central string inverter will usually result in an entire system failure.
Easily expandable: The system size is not ultimately dictated by the capacity of a wall mounted string inverter, allowing for additional panels to be added at any time and only limited by your roof space and budget.
Your Complete Solar Kit is based on the best micro-inverters in the business. These inverters are backed by world class technical & customer support. They come with an unparalleled 25 year warranty that matches the 25 year performance module warranty.
Call 866-798-4435 to give us details about your house and we can quickly provide a good estimate of how much the kit would produce if installed at your zip code under proposed tilt and azimuth.
Free System Monitoring: Envoy and the Enphase Home Energy Solution
The Enphase IQ Envoy enables remote system monitoring and update capabilities for Enphase IQ microinverter systems. The IQ Envoy communicates with IQ microinverters, transmitting performance and production data which can be viewed either directly from the IQ Envoy or online from any internet-connected device. The IQ Envoy is easy to install with integrated Wi-Fi and ethernet connection options. Enphase also offers cellular data plans for monitoring sites where an internet connection isn’t available. The IQ Envoy is capable of revenue-grade metering and meets ANSI C12.20 standards.
Meet the brains behind smart home energy.
Meet the Envoy, the brains of the Enphase Home Energy Solution. Between collecting real-time data from your microinverters and delivering remote updates back out to them, the Envoy keeps your entire system in constant communication.
A connected system is a smarter system.
Thanks to the Envoy, Enphase brings you more than solar. We bring you a connected home.
Today, that means ease, insights, and reliable solar energy. Tomorrow, it’s the intelligence to adapt to changing grid requirements, via automatic remote updates that Envoy downloads and pushes out to your microinverters.
Energy you can count on, today and into the future. That's Energy Evolved.
Discover the power of being connected.
The Envoy delivers performance data from your microinverters to the Web, and carries system updates from the Web to your microinverters. Two directions, optimal benefits.
The Envoy brings you the real-time, module-level performance data that makes it easy to monitor your system or fleet from any web-connected device.
The Envoy lets you pinpoint performance issues instantly and resolve them remotely, before they get in the way of system performance.
The Envoy saves you time and money on unplanned truck rolls: at $100 - $300 per truck roll, the savings add up.
Solar Panels — 8x Tier-1 monocrystalline panels with 25 year warranties.
Micro Inverters — 8x Enphase IQ8 Micro Inverters.
Racking and Attachments — Industry leading IronRidge racking mounts the solar panels to your roof.
- System Monitoring — Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- System Design and Financial Analysis — We'll custom engineer this system for your roof and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
- Wire, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC/DC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost $300 to $500.
- Our technical support representative will provide a shopping list once your plans are complete.
- Plans, interconnection, and any other services are not included in this kit, but available for an additional fee.
Interested in this solar panel kit for your home or business?
Contact us for a free estimate, and we'll provide custom recommendations that are personalized for your energy needs.