This small expandable solar kit is ideal for small cabins.
The UL listed Phono Solar 400 watt monocrystalline solar panel delivers high power output and performance at an attractive low price.
The panel is made up of 144 monocrystalline half-cells on a white backsheet with a silver anodized aluminum alloy frame. Certified for the most challenging environmental conditions, the Phono Solar 400 watt module withstands a 5400 Pa snow load. This high-power monocrystalline solar panel operates at 19.90% efficiency to maximize the light absorption area.
Inverter/Charger Power System
The 4kW OutBack power system gives you 4000W continuous power. You can power several 120V/240V AC home appliances including:
The included FM100 charge controller can handle up to 7kW of power at 48 volts. It gives you room to expand your system.
The panel has one inverter/ charger, one FM100 charge controller, FlexNetDC, AC and DC wiring box, a MATE3s, HUB10.3, inverter and controller breakers with GFDI, and an AC Input-Output-Bypass Assembly. FLEXpower components are listed to applicable UL standards and the assemblies are marked for streamlined inspections. Utilizing a compact all-on-one mounting plate design, they are fully pre-wired and factory-tested.
What's In Your Off Grid Solar KitPhono 400W Mono Solar Module
MC4 Disconnect Tool
4kW Outback Pre-wired Inverter Panel (4 kW 120/240 VAC, 48 VDC)
Midnite Solar Combiner Box
Midnite Solar MNEPV20 Breaker
Midnite Solar MNSPD-600-DC
Waterproof Strain Reliefs
IronRidge Roof Mount or Ground Mount Racking
- Not Included – Batteries: Give us a call and we will help you size the battery bank
HOW EASY IS IT TO INSTALL?
- A 4kW solar system can take one or two weekends to install.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working on their roof can install our Solar kit.
Each task is rather simple, but you will be working at heights, on an angle, probably in the heat of the bright sun, working with power tools, hoisting large expensive pieces of glass up ladders and across a roof peppered with racking and wiring.
You will also be working with DC voltages as high as 150V DC and household 240V AC. You should be good with simple math and be mechanically inclined. If you're willing to give it a try, it can be a rewarding experience both in saving you a lot of money and of giving you a great sense of accomplishment.
If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
WHAT IS THE INSTALLATION PROCESS?
A typical solar system for a home can be installed within one weekend once a permit is obtained from your city or county. After that, it’s just 5 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
- Take your plan set to your city or county and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or county approves your plans and issues your permit you may begin installing your solar system.
- First, the racking and mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to locate the rafters on your home and secure the racking system directly to them.
- Once the racking and mounting system is on your roof, the solar panels can be quickly installed.
- The batteries and inverter can be installed before or after the solar panels. The solar panels connect to the battery bank through the included charge controller. The inverter connects to the battery bank and converts the energy in the battery bank to 120/240V AC to power the household loads
- When the installation is complete, your city or county inspector must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY A CONTRACTOR TO INSTALL THE SOLAR KIT?
Any licensed general, electrical or solar contractor can install our solar kits. If you select to hire a contractor to install your solar kit, you should expect to pay approximately $1.25 per watt for labor, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers and other miscellaneous electrical components to complete the solar system installation. For a 4 kW (kilowatt) system, which is 4,000 watts, you can expect to pay $5,000 for installation. If needed, we can assist you with finding a contractor.
BENEFITS OF GOING SOLAR
- Federal government provides a 26% tax credit on all residential solar installations until 12/31/2020.
- By going solar you'll be supporting local jobs and helping America become more energy independent.
- By going solar you'll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.
NOTE: Prices are based on average layout with average length wire runs. Your Complete Solar Kit will most likely be a couple hundred dollars below or above depending upon your home's requirements.
NOTE: You should also budget for shipping cost and if you're in California, Sales Tax.
NOTE: Production values can vary greatly, the numbers here are estimates based on averages.
Call 866-798-4435 to give us details about your site and we can quickly provide a good estimate of how much the kit would produce if installed at the proposed location under proposed tilt and azimuth. You will need to provide your zip code, your roof tilt and compass heading of the roof pitch.
At GoGreenSolar, we're here to provide guidance throughout the entire process of going solar:
- Design your dream system with sizing & layout recommendations from our seasoned solar advisors.
- Let us help you get your approvals with our permitting and interconnection services.
- Tech support to help navigate installation and accommodate any questions/concerns you may have.
Every system we sell is backed by our 100% money-back guarantee. If for some reason your permit doesn't get approved, we'll refund your purchase in full. (see terms and conditions)
Build your custom solar kit
Are you interested in these solar panels for your home system? Request a quote for a complete DIY solar panel kit today.