General Electric EVDRN3 Electric Vehicle Charging Station, two connectors/double pedestal and RFID. Over the next 5 years, virtually every automobile manufacturer plans to introduce a plug-in hybrid or battery electric vehicle. GE will supply the charging station infrastructure to support this industry change. The EV Charging Station's design is suitable for various locations. This product offers Level II charging, which is capable of reducing charge time from 12-18 hours to 4-8 hours, with service needs of 208-240VAC at 40A, assuming a 24kWh battery and a full-cycle charge. GE has more than 100 years of experience in the design and manufacture of electrical distribution products and, as a result, can supply all necessary upstream infrastructure.
Features and Benefits:
The EV Charging Station's basic features are upgradeable, resulting in a robust and reliable solution for EV charging infrastructure.
• The cord holder keeps the cord organized and out of the way of parking spaces, sidewalks and streets.
• LEDs display status: Green = Station active; Blinking green = Vehicle connected, not charging; Amber = Charging; Red = Fault occurred.
• Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) reader: users will gain charging authorization by waving RFID cards in front of the readers.
• Ethernet network offered for RFID authorization.
• RFID software registers usage of the EV Charging Station, enabling data collection and monitoring status of communication between RFID and EVSE.
• Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) screen shows greetings, instructions and station messages.
• Nuisance tripping avoidance and auto re-closure.
• Vehicle ground monitoring circuit.
• Single phase metering, displayed on included VFD.
• A building ventilation interface signal can be provided to operate facility and garage fans when required.
• The double pedestal option offers two charging stations in the space of one, so two drivers can charge simultaneously at one station.
Standards and approvals
• SAE J1772
• NEC 625
• UL 2231, 2251, 2594
• cUL 2231, 2594
• NEMA and NIST
SAE Compliant: Level II per J1772
Vehicle Interface: SAE J1772 EV connector
Cable Length: 20 feet
AC Charging Power Output: 7.2kW (240VAC @ 30A)
Voltage and Current Rating: 208-240VAC @ 30A
AC Power Input: 208-240VAC requiring only Line 1, Line 2, and Earth ground
Recommended Service Panel Breaker: Single Pedestal: 2-pole 40A breaker on dedicated circuit
Ground Fault Protection: Internal 20mA CCID with auto re-closure, does not require a GFCI in service panel
Cold Load Start: Random start up between 0 and 15 minutes
Local Area Network: CAT5 Ethernet
Network Communication Protocol: TCP/IP
Network Security: GE recommends that network be VPN and Firewall protected
Metering Accuracy: 2% accurate on voltage and current; 4% accurate on power and energy
RFID Reader: ISO 15693 compliant
Display Screen: Vacuum Fluorescent Display
Standby Power: 5W typ.
Indoor Ventilation: Signal provided to turn on facility fans
Outdoor Rated: NEMA 3R
Safety Compliance: UL 2231, UL 2251, UL 2594, cUL 2231, cUL 2594, NEC 625, SAE J1772
Surge Protection: 6kV @ 3,000A
EMI Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A
Operating Temperature: -30°C to +50°C ambient
Operating Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
Approximate Shipping Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions: 51.1"H x 14.9"W x 13.8"D