Morningstar’s SunSaver Duo is an advanced PWM two battery controller for RV’s, caravans, boats and cottages. This product will charge two separate and isolated batteries at the same time, such as a “house” and an engine battery, based on user selectable priorities.
The SunSaver Duo employs Morningstar’s legendary SunSaver controller technology, whose long-term track record for high reliability and improved battery charging is well-recognized in the solar industry. This controller also includes a backlit remote meter which may be mounted in or on a wall, and displays digital and pictorial status information about the solar power system.
The SunSaver Duo is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, is user adjustable via DIP switch or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote temperature sensor.
- Solar charge current is shared between the two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
- The remote meter and LED’s display system status data and any system errors. Custom icons and back lighting make the meter easy to read and understand.
- Two battery charging eliminates the added cost of two separate solar charging systems and the need for isolation between the batteries.
- Four stage series PWM pulse charging and temperature compensation increases the useful life of the batteries.
- The controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes during installation. There are no fuses to replace, and the controller will automatically re-set after a wiring mistake.
- Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Efficient electronics and a conservative thermal design allow the controller to operate reliably at high temperatures. Five year warranty and estimated 15 year life.