The Radian Series Grid/Hybrid™ (full-flexibility grid-interactive/off-grid) Inverter/Charger is engineered toward one goal: making system design and installation easier and faster in grid-interactive and comprehensive off-grid applications. The new Radian Series inherit the hallmark features of the original design, including: dual AC inputs for grid/generator flexibility with no external switching required, unparalleled surge capability and operational stability, easy field upgradeability and stacking capability for large system scaling, simplified system commissioning through a powerful, easy-to-use configuration wizard, and multi-mode operational flexibility.
In addition, both models have a new Advanced Battery Charging (ABC) profile option to support leading-edge battery technologies such as Lithium-Ion and others, and enhanced diagnostics for improved performance. And both incorporate OutBack’s GridZero technology, a superior level of intelligence in energy management for self-generation and self-consumption programs, providing precise balancing between using stored energy, solar and utility power, blending-in the latter to overcome surges and load spikes when needed. GridZero operation makes it possible for a smaller inverter and battery system to perform like a much larger one when required, putting stored and renewable energy sources to work and minimizing grid dependence. GridZero technology make the new Radians ideal for use in complex utility environments such as California and Hawaii.
The GS8048A and GS4048A are certified to UL1741 for US applications, and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1 for Canada, and is IEC 62109-1 certified to meet the most stringent worldwide PV safety and emission standards.
- Modular, stackable: up to nine units can be combined for three-phase operation and ten in parallel, single-phase operation
- Compliant with California Rule 21 and Hawaii 14H grid support requirements
- Seven different programmable operating modes, with generator assist
- GridZero operating mode minimizes grid dependence in areas where incentives are changing and utility sell-back is limited
- 8000 and 4000VA of continuous power with dual AC inputs and peak operating efficiency of 96%
- Off-grid and grid-tied functionality in one unit
- Integrates both grid and generator with dual inputs
- Performs AC coupling with both legacy and UL1741SA inverters, using frequency shifting