The Aurora PVI-3.0-OUTD-US 3000 watt Grid-tie Inverter by Power-One utilizes high-efficiency power-conversion technologies and high-speed independent Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) channels to increase the amount of usable power that is available from renewable-energy installations. The Aurora PVI-3.0-OUTD-US 3000 watt grid tie inverter optimizes energy harvesting while significantly increasing the ROI of residential solar-power plants.
The revolutionary switching technology utilized in the Aurora PVI-3.0-OUTD-US inverter includes state of the art silicon power devices such as CoolMOS and Insulated Gate Bi-Polar Transistors(IGBTs) to reduce switching losses. Aurora has been designed with large de-rating criteria on all critical components, achieving an extremely robust and reliable inverter designed to last for 25 years and to deliver true maximum output power on a continuous basis.
With this design concept, peak efficiencies of over 97% are achieved. Total current harmonic distortion, on the other hand, is typically less than 1%(5000/6000) or 2%(3600) through the use of high-frequency switching techniques.
High-Efficiency Outdoor Inverters
Reduce Payback Times on Solar-Power Investments
Aurora PVI-3.0-OUTD-US Inverters deliver optimized energy harvesting across a broad range of photovoltaic applications and operating conditions. Outdoor products feature rugged IP65 (NEMA 4X) rated enclosures.
Industry-Leading Features and Performance
* High efficiencies deliver more usable energy – models are available with CEC and Euro-rated efficiencies exceeding 96%.
* Total harmonic distortion typically less than 3.5%.
* Rugged designs provide a 25-year MTBF while delivering full-rated power on a continuous basis.
* Grid-connected operation according to international standards, UL1741/IEEE 1547 & CSA-C22.2 N.107.1-01
* Laptop-free configuration via front-panel mounted buttons.
* Optional Aurora Easy Communication System enables remote monitoring via Internet, analog modem, or GSM modem.
* Front-panel mounted LCD display provides real-time updates for all critical operation parameters.
* True sine-wave outputs feature self-selecting voltage capabilities.
* Integrated RS485 port allows PC-based monitoring of up to 31 inverters.
* Reverse-polarity protection minimizes potential damage caused by mis-wiring during installation
Unmatched Applications Flexibility
* Models available with 90 to 530 volt operating windows.
* Independent inputs, with high-speed MPPTs, optimize the energy available from multiple arrays with different orientations and tilt angles, and an unequal number of strings per array.
* Selected inverters feature an internal fan for extended ambient temperature operation.
* Dual input section to process two strings with independent MPPT, optimizes energy harvesting from multiple arrays oriented in different directions
* Watertight NEMA 4X (IP65) enclosure
* High speed and precise MPPT algorithm for real time power tracking and improved energy harvesting
* Reverse Polarity Protection
* True Sine Wave Output
* Anti-islanding Protection
* High Overload Capability
* LCD monitor
* Transformerless operation for high efficiency from 96% to 97%
* Single Phase 208/240/277 Vac
* Widest input range in industry
* High efficiencies deliver more energy. Flat efficiency curves to ensure consistent and stable performance across the whole input voltage and output power range
* Integrated DC switch in compliance with US Standards (-S Versions)
* RS-485 communication interface (for connection to laptop or datalogger)
* Compatible with PVI-RADIOMODULE for wireless communication with Aurora PVI-DESKTOP