Why Go Solar?
- Financial Return from Investment – Experience better returns than many long-term investments, with 200%-plus ROI over 25 years. Compare this to a five-year CD (average yearly return of 2.5%) or even the S&P 500 (average yearly return of 11%). Although some stocks can provide a higher return than a solar system, stock prices are also substantially more volatile year after year.
- Immediate Expense Reduction -
- Dramatically lower electricity bills—many homeowners experience at least a 50% decrease, up to the complete elimination of their electrical expenses.
- The average American household uses 920 kWh per month. SolarWorld’s average installation accounts for an impressive 840 kWh per month.
- Of course, savings depend on electricity requirements, available space and system orientation.
- Hedge Against Future Energy Cost Increases -
- Electricity costs are on the rise, increasing more than 21% during the past five years.
- Rates spiked 10.3% in 2006 alone.
- Fossil fuel supplies are dwindling, which means energy costs will continue to grow.
- With solar, you effectively lock in electrical costs and avoid escalating utility expenses.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint -
- The average American household generates 7.4 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year through electrical use.
- This equates to 185 tons of CO2 over 25 years, which is how long SolarWorld solar panels are guaranteed to perform.
- Carbon Dioxide creates global warming which is dramatically affecting our climate causing glacier loss, shoreline erosion, and endangering many animals around the world.
- Conserve Natural Resources (i.e. Oil, Gas) - Each hour enough sunlight hits the earth to power the world for one year.
- That’s 400 trillion gigawatts per second and enough to power 400 quintillion homes.
- Putting the sun to work reduces the amount of coal and nuclear energy needed to power your home which helps preserve the earth’s supply of non-renewable resources.
- Coal and nuclear energy production consume vast amounts of water. Consequently, solar on your home can conserve over 16,000 gallons of water per year.
- Energy Independence Foreign Policy - By harnessing the sun, we can reduce our reliance on foreign and non-renewable energy sources. Each month, the USA sends literally Billions of dollars to countries with foreign policies not always in line with our own.
- Increase Your Home’s Value - Studies show that solar systems can increase your home value by 20 times the annual electricity savings. In addition, homes with solar systems tend to sell faster than homes without solar- 15% faster by some studies.
- It’s Affordable & Easy! Tax incentives and rebates can reduce the cost of going solar by up to 50% depending on your state and local programs. Financing options are now available in many areas to help overcome the upfront costs of going solar. In Bakersfield, CA, you can install a 5.75 kW system at a net cost of $20,670 after rebates. Your payback period would be just 5-6 years and a compound annual growth rate of 9%. And depending on the weather conditions during the month, you could save up to 78% off your electric bill.
How much do solar panels cost? Use our easy solar panel calculator to get a quick estimate of how many solar panels you’ll need for your home.Size My Solar System
Free Solar Roof Layout
Our engineers use state-of-the-art software to conduct a PV analysis and draft a free layout of solar on your roof, included with our complimentary quote.Get My Free Layout
We'll help you figure out your solar needs!
Fill out the form for a complimentary solar panel quote that includes a custom solar panel layout using satellite technology and a breakdown of solar energy production, federal tax credit and energy offset.