Will a 10kW solar system power my home?
A 10kW solar kit requires over 575 square feet of space. 10kW (10 kilowatts) is 10,000 Watts of DC direct current power. This could produce an estimated 1,000 to 1,500 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing south. The highest output will be achieved with an unobstructed south-facing view of the sun for maximum solar power. The actual power generated will vary based on location, equipment and installation factors. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power these low cost 10kW PV systems can generate.
Solar Panels — 25x Tier-1 monocrystalline panels with 25 year warranties.
Grid-Tied String Inverter — Ultra reliable SMA Sunny Boy inverter with Secure Power Supply and Rapid Shutdown.
Racking and Attachments — Industry leading IronRidge racking mounts the solar panels to your roof.
- System Monitoring — Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- System Design and Financial Analysis — We'll custom engineer this system for your roof and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
- Wire, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC/DC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost $300 to $500.
- Our technical support representative will provide a shopping list once your plans are complete.
- Plans, interconnection, and any other services are not included in this kit, but available for an additional fee.
Save thousands of dollars
Going DIY can save you $10,000 or more, depending on system size. Tax credits still apply for equipment, hardware and any other installation services you utilize.
Have more control over your solar project
You get to make decisions on equipment selection, location of solar panels and timeline for your installation.
End-to-end support with a money-back guarantee
GoGreenSolar is with you every step of the way during your installation. We’re also the only DIY solar company with a money-back guarantee. If your permit isn’t approved even after following our instructions we’ll provide a full refund*.