Is this solar panel kit right for me?
For most homes in the United States this 30kW solar PV ground mounted kit is more than enough to completely eliminate their bill.
These 30kW size grid-connect solar kits include solar panels, string inverter, and the racking system for a ground mount. These are complete PV power systems that can work for a home or business, with everything you need to get the system up and running. The kits include hardware components only; does NOT include labor.
A 30kW Solar Kit can require over 1,725 square feet of space. This 30kW system provides 30,000 watts of DC direct current power. This could produce an estimated 2,400 to 4,200 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing South. The highest output will be achieved with an unobstructed south-facing view of the sun for maximum solar power. The actual power generated will vary based on location, equipment and installation factors. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power these low cost 8kW PV systems can generate.
The average American uses 920kWh per month. Based on that average this system could reduce your bill to ZERO. If you're an average consumer of electricity (920kWh/month), a 30kW system could probably give you the ticket to electric bill freedom.
What is included in my 30kW solar installation kit?
Our kits provide all the solar components you need from start to finish.
- Solar Panels - 30kW of Tier-1 solar panels with 25 year warranties.
- Grid-Tied String Inverter - Ultra reliable SMA Sunny Boy inverter with Secure Power Supply and Rapid Shutdown.
- Racking and Attachments - Industry leading IronRidge ground racking mounts the solar panels on the ground.
- System Monitoring - Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- System Design and Financial Analysis - We'll custom engineer this system for your home and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
- Not Included - Concrete, schedule 40 pipe, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC/DC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost $1,500 or more for larger systems. Our technical support representative will provide a shopping list once your plans are complete.
How easy is it to install?
- You can install an 30kW ground-mounted solar system in two or three weekends.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverter, optimizers, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working with electricity can install our Solar kit.
- If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
What is the installation process?
A typical solar ground-mounted system for a home can be installed within one or two weekends once a permit is obtained from your city or county. After that, it’s just 5 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
- Take your plan set to your city or county and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or county approves your plans and issues your permit you may begin installing your solar system.
- First, the racking and mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to dig deep holes and pour concrete.
- Once the racking and mounting system is secured in the ground, the solar panels and inverters can be quickly installed. The inverter(s) are then tied into the grid through a dedicated breaker in your main service panel.
- When the installation is complete, your city or county inspector must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
- Lastly, you must send the final job card, interconnection paperwork, and your net metering agreement to your utility. They will then grant you Permission to Operate. It can take up to 4 weeks after passing inspection for your utility to provide you Permission to Operate. With our interconnection service we will process all the paperwork for you.
Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
How much should I pay a contractor to install the solar kit?
Any licensed general, electrical or solar contractor can install our solar kits. If you select to hire a contractor to install your solar kit, you should expect to pay approximately $1.00 per watt for labor, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers and other miscellaneous electrical components to complete the solar system installation. For this 30,000 Watt system, you can expect to pay around $30,000 for installation.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Federal government provides a 26% tax credit on all residential solar installations until 12/31/2022.
- Some state & local governments as well as some utilities are also offering financial incentives to homeowners.
- Investing in solar on your roof provides 6%-13% return on investment, better than most other investments today.
- By going solar you'll be supporting local jobs and helping America become more energy independent.
- By going solar you'll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.
Save up to 100% of your electricity bill
Save an average of 20% of your electricity bill
|Tax credits and incentives
Homeowner receives all rebates and credits
Homeowner receives no rebates or credits
|Upfront installation costs
Homeowner pays upfront but can leverage mortgage or credit line for positive cash flow
Low or no upfront costs
Home value increases by $20,000 for each $1,000 offset in annual electricity cost
Value of home does not change and new homeowner must negotiate new lease terms
|System upgrade & customization
Homeowner can fully customize and upgrade solar PV system at any time
Homeowner locked into leasing company's choice of solar PV system
NOTE: Prices are based on average layout with average length wire runs. Your Complete Solar Kit will most likely be a couple hundred dollars below or above depending upon you home's requirements.
NOTE: You should also budget for shipping cost and if you're in California, Sales Tax.
NOTE: Production values can vary greatly, the numbers here are estimates based on averages.
For example a (33) 250W module system:
at 32 degrees tilt facing 180 south in San Diego could produce 1,104kWh/month
at 23 degree tilt facing 165 southeast in Massachusetts could produce 793kWh/month
Call 866-798-4435 to give us details about your house and we can quickly provide a good estimate of how much the kit would produce if installed at the proposed location under proposed tilt and azimuth. You'll need to provide your zip code, your roof tilt and compass heading of the roof pitch.